XR imission monitoring system
Designed for environmental monitoring networks, the XR software is intended to process the data produced by measurement devices.
The data resulting from the control carried out by the measurement devices are managed by data acquisition systems. The XR software centralizes information and data from the acquisition systems. Typically, the data acquisition systems are situated on targeted places of monitoring. The XR software is situated on the central site of the environmental monitoring network
The main functionalities of the XR software are:
- parameter setting of the data acquisition systems and of all the elements constituting the measured data;
- integration of the data in an information system and their representation in a shape facilitating their consultation;
- provision of tools to control and validate the data;
- provision of tools to consult or process the data in order to make studies;
- production of reports and statistics;
- data storage over long periods.
The XR system works in a client-server environment. This architecture allows several workstations to be connected to a server which provides them various services. The machines are connected to an Ethernet network.
In the case of XR Premium the client and the server are hosted on the same Windows™ workstation.
The central station is the information processing system (UNIX, Linux or Windows™ 2000/XP) which contains the XR-SRV software as well as the database. It ensures all the communications, the archival storage of the data, the data aggregation, and the execution of the calculations for the production of reports
The workstation is the information processing system (Windows™ NT/2000/XP) which contains the XR-WKS software. The XR-WKS software is the communication interface between the operator and XR system; it cannot function in an autonomous way without a central station (except with Premium XR).
Functionalities of XR-SRV server
The XR-SRV software ensures:
- the communication with the data acquisition systems:
- interrogates on programmable intervals, or on request of the data acquisition systems
- reads the aggregated data, the log book, the calibrations log, the configuration, and the status of the acquisition system.
- receives the spontaneous calls from the data acquisition systems
- sends configuration, calibrations commands, system commands.
- downloads software remotely for an integrated management of the versions of the acquisition system software.
- performs on-line mode and fast follow-up: manual connection to the acquisition system, graphical real time follow-up of the sampled data and of all the internal parameters of the acquisition system and devices.
- the processing of the data and production of reports:
- auto corrects, aggregates the data while sampling.
- produces standard or customizable reports of statistical calculations (EU and WHO standards, quality index, etc.) .
- produces information reports about the system (incidents following, communication status, etc.).
- automatically processes reports: prints them automatically, sends by email or fax…
- the administration and the security of the system:
- manages database maintenance: volumes control, off-line and on-line backup (optional), archival storage, purge, restore.
- manages rights associated to each user profile.
nctionalities of the XR-WKS software
The XR-WKS software integrates all necessary functions to manage a monitoring network:
- supervision functions: cartographic visualization of the state of the monitoring stations, tables and automatically updated Lorenz curves, states of in progress alarms;
- all system requirements are integrated in only one screen, navigation is simple and ergonomic;
- advanced tools for validation;
- tools to follow-up the temporal evolution of the calibration results;
- many functions for manual entry, imports and exports of data, manual or automatic;
- full traceability for all users actions;
- tools for interrogations in event logging;
- various graphic displays: tables and curves of evolutions, winds and pollution roses, cartographic representation with possibility of animation.
Specific modules for processing or diffusion of information are optionally added to the basic modules.
- XR-ALR: Calculation of pollutions alerts. XR-ALR makes it possible to program the requirements to trigger alerts, and on the other hand to work out strategies to apply during the appearance of these episodes (only available for Millennium XR);
- XR-SPC: Statistic Process Control. This module ensures the follow-up and the monitoring of the devices calibration controls. The XR-SPC module makes it possible to define the statistical parameters necessary to control the couple device / hardware of calibration, then to supervise and warn the users about the event of incident at the time of the periodic and automatic calibrations carried out by the acquisition stations.
- XR-WEB: Data publication on the Internet. XR-WEB automatically feeds in environmental data the institutional Web sites;
- XR-ATMO: Calculation and diffusion of an air quality index. This module is more particularly intended for French monitoring networks which are approved for the air quality control. However it may be used to build a custom air quality index.